Source: Textual EditionBates216
King William, at the request of Abbot Brand, confirms the lands which his brother and their relatives (propinqui) held under King Edward. The lands, namely Scotter, Scotton, Manton, Raventhorpe, Messingham, Cleatham, Hibaldstow, Walcot, all in Lincs., and North Mushkam, Notts., and their outliers have been given to the abbey of Peterborough. Version II specifies: 7 carucates less 2 bovates in Walcot, 1 carucate and 1 church in Alkborough, Lincs., half a carucate in Althorp, Lincs., and 1 carucate and 2 bovates in North Mushkam.
|Scholarly Source Dating
||1066 x 1067