||King Edward 15 to the bishopric of Wells; general confirmation of lands, comprising
(a) 50 hides at Wells (formerly Tidingtun), with appurtenances at Polsham, Wookey, Henton, Yarley, Bleadney, Easton, Westbury, Wookey Hole, Ebbor, Burcott, (Upper and Lower) Milton, Pen Hill, East and West Horrington, Whitchurch, Dinder, Dulcote, Wellesley, Worminster, Chilcote, Binegar, Wanstrow, Litton;
(b) 50 hides at Chew, with appurtenances at Littleton, Hęsele (Hazel Farm near Upper Littleton in Dundry), Dundry, (Bishops) Sutton, Sutton (Wick), Sutton (Court);
(c) 20 hides at Evercreech, with Prestleigh, Chesterblade and (Stony) Stratton;
(d) 38 hides at Kingsbury, with appurtenances at Lambrook, Readewelle, ęt tham Beorge, Littleney (lost) in Huish, Huish Episcopi, Combe St Nicholas, Pibsbury, Chard, and other frusa Cerdren (? South Chard), Crimchard, Langham in Chard, Winsham, Congresbury and Banwell;
(e) 15 hides at Wellington, with appurtenances at (West) Buckland, Ham, Huntanapoth, Harpford, Pinksmoor in Wellington Without and Chelston;
(f) 15 hides at Wiveliscombe, with appurtenances at Nunnington, Upcott, Whitefield, Withycombe, Oakhampton, Langley, Ford, Pitsford, Fitzhead, the other Fifhyda, Dean, Slęp and Hwrentimor;
(g) 15 hides at (Bishops) Lydeard, with appurtenances at (East) Combe, Padnoller (in Charlynch), Wuduland, Ash (Priors), Bagborough, Anacota and Hylle (? Lydeard Hill);
(h) 4 hides at Wedmore, with appurtenances at Tarnock in Biddisham, Heawycan and Mark; all in Somerset.
The diploma was written by Giso 1, bishop of Wells.
Primary Source Info
|Date from Source
||1065, 20/24 May