Anna 1 (Male)
King of the East Angles, d. 654; and father of St. Ęthelthryth 2
Notes: According to the Liber Eliensis, he reigned for 19 years (LE I.7). The same source says that he was buried at Blythburgh. J. Campbell, 'England, c. 991', The Anglo-Saxon State, pp.172-3, draws attention to the tumuli at TM 470747, 471748.
BDDAB, p. 47; S. E. Kelly, Anna (d. 654?), ODNB.
Factoids by Source
- AnnalsFragIrel: Fragmentary Annals of Ireland (3)
- AnnalsUlster: Annals of Ulster (2)
- Anon.LiberEliensis: Liber Eliensis / Historia Elie... (37)
- ASC: Anglo-Saxon Chronicle: Base te... (4)
- ASC (E): Anglo-Saxon Chronicle (E versi... (4)
- Bede.ChronMaior: The Greater Chronicles, or Con... (3)
- Bede.HE: Ecclesiastical History of the ... (26)
- OEMart: Old English Martyrology (4)
- RestingPlaces: Secgan be žam Godes sanctum že... (4)
- WilliamofMalmesbury.GestaPontificumAnglorum: Gesta Pontificum Anglorum (1)